Saturday, March 28, 2009

CompuTrainer Competition Update

It has been a few weeks, but the winter competition for the most miles on the CompuTrainer at The Recyclist ended on March 7th. I finished with a little over 600 miles, which outdistanced everyone else in the field, so I'll be getting a Specialized Tarmac Elite road bike as the prize for winning. I haven't got a new bike in so long I almost don't know how it feels. But I'm excited to try out a full carbon road frame and compare that with my Titanium framed Serotta. I'm also excited tat I'll have two bikes, so I can keep working when one of them is getting worked on.

Thanks to Mike, Randy and Pat at The Recyclist for first of all putting on the competition and secondly, putting up with me all of those nights that I went in to ride. My hope is they will do it again next winter but also that more people come in and try out the CompuTrainer. I think once people try it, they will want to integrate using the CompuTrainer into their winter fitness program.

In the next few days, I'm going to post a full review of my thoughts on the CompuTrainer after riding it for 3 months.

No comments: